Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Combretum indicum (Rangoon Creeper)
Rangoon Creeper, Burma creeper, मधु मालती Madhu Malati
Note: The image is for reference purpose only. The actual product may vary in shape or appearance based on climate, age, height etc.
Rangoon creeper is the most common vine in Delhi. It is not uncommon to see the creeper rooted only in a small hole in cemented groud, but the vine thriving and climbing high. Clusters of fragrant white pendulous trumpets open white then change to pink, red and finally a deep maroon. A vigorous twining climber blooming profusely throughout summer that can reach as much as 70 feet in tropical climates.
- Features – Rangoon creeper is the most common vine in Delhi. It is a ligneous vine that can reach from 2.5 meters to up to 8 meters. The leaves are elliptical with an acuminate tip and a rounded base. They grow from 7 to 15 centimetres and their arrangement is opposite.
- Special Characteristics- it is regarded as an emerging environmental weed in northern Queensland and the northern parts of the Northern Territory and is a potential environmental weed or “sleeper weed” in other warmer and wetter parts of the country.
- Uses – This plant needs support for growing and is very useful in covering fences, supports, and walls. It is not uncommon to see the creeper rooted only in a small hole in cemented ground, but the vine thriving and climbing high. It is a woody climber. It climbs by means of hooks and can grow up to 8m tall. The leaves are arranged in opposite pairs along the stem and are elliptic to elliptic – oblong in shape, it is abaxially pilose and adaxially glabrous except for the mid – vein which is brown and pilose. The leaf petiole is modified into a thorny grappling hook as a climbing aid. Leaves measure about 5 – 18 cm by 2.5 – 7 cm.
- Flowers – It have Clusters of fragrant white pendulous trumpets open white then change to pink, red and finally a deep maroon. The fragrant white flowers grow in pendent racemes, quickly changing to pink then red, making a spectacular show.
- Moisture & soil – It does like medium to bright light. Under good conditions it will be necessary to prune the plant to keep it in bounds. and well drained soil and moist soil and warm Temperature.